Judging by some of the Tweets that are posted and some of the emails that we receive at The DJBooth, it’s safe to say some rappers take themselves wayyyyy too seriously. While it’s good to take your craft to heart, what’s the point of making music if you can’t have fun while doing it? If y’all rigid rappers need pointers on how to let your hair down, hit up SonReal; the visuals for new single Everywhere We Go show that the Vancouver native knows how to have a good time. Following the antics of a goof named Steve, who auditions for a talent show and plays chess against Madchild, the Peter Huang-directed visuals are sure to have you cracking up. Though he fools around in the video, SonReal stilll goes hard on the mic, showcasing his charismatic, upbeat flow and witty one-liners over Burd & Keyz’ lively boardwork. Everywhere We Go is not attached to anything larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.