In this era of political disillusionment and declining religious faith, people are hard-up for something to Believe in. I wouldn’t suggest pinning all of your hopes and dreams to any up-and-coming rapper—the game is too damn unpredictable—but if you were to do so, SonReal wouldn’t be a half-bad selection. On his latest single, featured along with Peter Huang‘s official visuals, the Canadian buzzmaker emphasizes his commitment to the grind and his wholehearted dedication to his fans. As he (and a full children’s choir) put it on the hook, “If I make you smile, I’ve done my job at last.” Complete with a pensive, keyboard-led instrumental by 2oolguy, this cut is just the beginning of the fresh material to be found on SonReal’s forthcoming free album, One Long Day. Watch our pages for further singles off the set, which is scheduled for release on Tuesday, January 21.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.