In this era of political disillusionment and declining religious faith, people are hard-up for something to Believe in. I wouldn’t suggest pinning all of your hopes and dreams to any up-and-coming rapper—the game is too damn unpredictable—but if you were to do so, SonReal wouldn’t be a half-bad selection. On his latest single, featured along with Peter Huang‘s official visuals, the Canadian buzzmaker emphasizes his commitment to the grind and his wholehearted dedication to his fans. As he (and a full children’s choir) put it on the hook, “If I make you smile, I’ve done my job at last.” Complete with a pensive, keyboard-led instrumental by 2oolguy, this cut is just the beginning of the fresh material to be found on SonReal’s forthcoming free album, One Long Day. Watch our pages for further singles off the set, which is scheduled for release on Tuesday, January 21.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.