Can SonReal and Rich Kidd catch the beat? Best Believe it. On the lead single off their forthcoming collaborative set, the Vancouver rhymesayer who recently hooked up with Emilio Rojas for We Concur and his Canadian colleague toss it back and forth for our listening pleasure. Kidd creates the aforementioned beat, layering lightly funky jazz-fusion samples over a heavily syncopated rhythm section to back vivid, braggadocious lyrical back-and-forth between himself and his partner-in-rhyme. The record culminates in a fittingly hype chorus, which finds the duo joined by a stadium full of chanting fans. If they did indeed, “make this sh*t in like 10 minutes,” then I can only imagine what SonReal and Rich Kidd can come up with in a whole studio session. If you’re intrigued, you’ll be able to check out the full results of their collaboration October 16, when The Closers arrives on the ‘net.
Written by richard on 09/23/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)