Can SonReal and Rich Kidd catch the beat? Best Believe it. On the lead single off their forthcoming collaborative set, the Vancouver rhymesayer who recently hooked up with Emilio Rojas for We Concur and his Canadian colleague toss it back and forth for our listening pleasure. Kidd creates the aforementioned beat, layering lightly funky jazz-fusion samples over a heavily syncopated rhythm section to back vivid, braggadocious lyrical back-and-forth between himself and his partner-in-rhyme. The record culminates in a fittingly hype chorus, which finds the duo joined by a stadium full of chanting fans. If they did indeed, “make this sh*t in like 10 minutes,” then I can only imagine what SonReal and Rich Kidd can come up with in a whole studio session. If you’re intrigued, you’ll be able to check out the full results of their collaboration October 16, when The Closers arrives on the ‘net.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!