Can SonReal and Rich Kidd catch the beat? Best Believe it. On the lead single off their forthcoming collaborative set, the Vancouver rhymesayer who recently hooked up with Emilio Rojas for We Concur and his Canadian colleague toss it back and forth for our listening pleasure. Kidd creates the aforementioned beat, layering lightly funky jazz-fusion samples over a heavily syncopated rhythm section to back vivid, braggadocious lyrical back-and-forth between himself and his partner-in-rhyme. The record culminates in a fittingly hype chorus, which finds the duo joined by a stadium full of chanting fans. If they did indeed, “make this sh*t in like 10 minutes,” then I can only imagine what SonReal and Rich Kidd can come up with in a whole studio session. If you’re intrigued, you’ll be able to check out the full results of their collaboration October 16, when The Closers arrives on the ‘net.
Written by richard on 09/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.