Can SonReal and Rich Kidd catch the beat? Best Believe it. On the lead single off their forthcoming collaborative set, the Vancouver rhymesayer who recently hooked up with Emilio Rojas for We Concur and his Canadian colleague toss it back and forth for our listening pleasure. Kidd creates the aforementioned beat, layering lightly funky jazz-fusion samples over a heavily syncopated rhythm section to back vivid, braggadocious lyrical back-and-forth between himself and his partner-in-rhyme. The record culminates in a fittingly hype chorus, which finds the duo joined by a stadium full of chanting fans. If they did indeed, “make this sh*t in like 10 minutes,” then I can only imagine what SonReal and Rich Kidd can come up with in a whole studio session. If you’re intrigued, you’ll be able to check out the full results of their collaboration October 16, when The Closers arrives on the ‘net.
Written by richard on 09/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.