Next week, Boston spitter Sonny Shotz is set to liberate the follow-up to Danel Exodus, his March solo debut. (Yes, the man works fast.) Whereas the aforementioned set was gritty and jam-packed with heavy spiritual themes, the sequel will be much lighter and breezier in tone, as evidenced by lead single Neon Hooligans and this freshly-released cut, Lisa. Here, Brenton Duvall serves up a laid-back, sample-driven beat as Shotz tells the story of a French girl visiting America for the first time. OnCue contributes a libidinous closing 16. Feeling it? More awaits on American Summer, scheduled to drop digitally on Monday, May 26.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.