Next week, Boston spitter Sonny Shotz is set to liberate the follow-up to Danel Exodus, his March solo debut. (Yes, the man works fast.) Whereas the aforementioned set was gritty and jam-packed with heavy spiritual themes, the sequel will be much lighter and breezier in tone, as evidenced by lead single Neon Hooligans and this freshly-released cut, Lisa. Here, Brenton Duvall serves up a laid-back, sample-driven beat as Shotz tells the story of a French girl visiting America for the first time. OnCue contributes a libidinous closing 16. Feeling it? More awaits on American Summer, scheduled to drop digitally on Monday, May 26.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
Back in March, ex-Dean's List frontman Sonny Shotz lit the fuse on his solo career with Danel Exodus, a debut set whose provocative spiritual themes doubtless surprised many fans of his collaborative work. On the sequel, the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)