I’m beginning to sense a pattern here. On the lead single off his forthcoming solo project, The Dean’s List frontman Sonny Shotz offered scriptural evidence that Paul (13th Apostle) [Was] Gay, and on the follow-up he made his case for Noah as a native of Chad, Africa. Number three presents the Boston representative’s most provocative claim yet: Moses Is Greater Than Jesus. This time around, his argument is a little easier to summarize: “Not to revoke any love, [but] Jesus bled for the people / See, Moses led his people.” The finer points of his critique, as usual, are extremely contentious, but even those who disgaree will be struck by the strength of Sonny’s conviction—not to mention the head-noddability of the track’s instrumental, provided by a ghost producer whose religious beliefs require that he remain anonymous. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for further details on the artist’s Danel Exodus street album, which as yet lacks a drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.