I’m beginning to sense a pattern here. On the lead single off his forthcoming solo project, The Dean’s List frontman Sonny Shotz offered scriptural evidence that Paul (13th Apostle) [Was] Gay, and on the follow-up he made his case for Noah as a native of Chad, Africa. Number three presents the Boston representative’s most provocative claim yet: Moses Is Greater Than Jesus. This time around, his argument is a little easier to summarize: “Not to revoke any love, [but] Jesus bled for the people / See, Moses led his people.” The finer points of his critique, as usual, are extremely contentious, but even those who disgaree will be struck by the strength of Sonny’s conviction—not to mention the head-noddability of the track’s instrumental, provided by a ghost producer whose religious beliefs require that he remain anonymous. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for further details on the artist’s Danel Exodus street album, which as yet lacks a drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.