I’m beginning to sense a pattern here. On the lead single off his forthcoming solo project, The Dean’s List frontman Sonny Shotz offered scriptural evidence that Paul (13th Apostle) [Was] Gay, and on the follow-up he made his case for Noah as a native of Chad, Africa. Number three presents the Boston representative’s most provocative claim yet: Moses Is Greater Than Jesus. This time around, his argument is a little easier to summarize: “Not to revoke any love, [but] Jesus bled for the people / See, Moses led his people.” The finer points of his critique, as usual, are extremely contentious, but even those who disgaree will be struck by the strength of Sonny’s conviction—not to mention the head-noddability of the track’s instrumental, provided by a ghost producer whose religious beliefs require that he remain anonymous. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for further details on the artist’s Danel Exodus street album, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.