If Sonny Bambooo were a few inches taller, he might not be making his Booth debut today. On Nkes Laced Up, the lead single off his next album, the ATL rhymesayer recounts how the crushing disappointment of realizing that he’d never be tall enough to be competitive on the b-ball court led him to start developing his skills on the mic. Brown Bag All-Star J57 backs the artist’s narrative bars with a cinematic, string-driven sample, and DJ Wushu tops it all off with some old-school cuts. For more, check out Sonny Bamboo’s Leprechaun Don LP, available on iTunes as of November 2011.
Written by richard on 06/15/12
Submit your Rating
Independent Atlien Workshop
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.