If Sonny Bambooo were a few inches taller, he might not be making his Booth debut today. On Nkes Laced Up, the lead single off his next album, the ATL rhymesayer recounts how the crushing disappointment of realizing that he’d never be tall enough to be competitive on the b-ball court led him to start developing his skills on the mic. Brown Bag All-Star J57 backs the artist’s narrative bars with a cinematic, string-driven sample, and DJ Wushu tops it all off with some old-school cuts. For more, check out Sonny Bamboo’s Leprechaun Don LP, available on iTunes as of November 2011.
Written by richard on 06/15/12
Submit your Rating
Independent Atlien Workshop
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)