From Ted Haggard to Eddie Long, the most prominent religious critics of homosexuality have frequently been revealed to be in the closet, after being caught in compromising situations. According to some, these are only recent examples of a tradition stretching way back to the founding of the Christian church. On a new single, Boston rhymesayer Sonny Shotz (formerly of The Dean’s List) shares his controversial hypothesis that the Apostle Paul Was Gay. As evidence, he cites 1 Corinthians 7:1, in which Paul (who elsewhere condemns homosexuality) states, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman.” Whether or not you find his argument convincing—I’m not sold, to be honest—the lyrical dexterity he showcases over Teddy Roxpin‘s headnodic beat is undeniable. The artist’s own official visuals round out the package. Shotz’s Danel Exodus project currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
The former frontman for The Dean's List, Sonny Shotz has released his latest collection of solo material, the Danel Exodus: Truths of Creation mixtape. The project finds the Boston representative exploring his "Muslim...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.