From Ted Haggard to Eddie Long, the most prominent religious critics of homosexuality have frequently been revealed to be in the closet, after being caught in compromising situations. According to some, these are only recent examples of a tradition stretching way back to the founding of the Christian church. On a new single, Boston rhymesayer Sonny Shotz (formerly of The Dean’s List) shares his controversial hypothesis that the Apostle Paul Was Gay. As evidence, he cites 1 Corinthians 7:1, in which Paul (who elsewhere condemns homosexuality) states, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman.” Whether or not you find his argument convincing—I’m not sold, to be honest—the lyrical dexterity he showcases over Teddy Roxpin‘s headnodic beat is undeniable. The artist’s own official visuals round out the package. Shotz’s Danel Exodus project currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
The former frontman for The Dean's List, Sonny Shotz has released his latest collection of solo material, the Danel Exodus: Truths of Creation mixtape. The project finds the Boston representative exploring his "Muslim...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.