From Ted Haggard to Eddie Long, the most prominent religious critics of homosexuality have frequently been revealed to be in the closet, after being caught in compromising situations. According to some, these are only recent examples of a tradition stretching way back to the founding of the Christian church. On a new single, Boston rhymesayer Sonny Shotz (formerly of The Dean’s List) shares his controversial hypothesis that the Apostle Paul Was Gay. As evidence, he cites 1 Corinthians 7:1, in which Paul (who elsewhere condemns homosexuality) states, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman.” Whether or not you find his argument convincing—I’m not sold, to be honest—the lyrical dexterity he showcases over Teddy Roxpin‘s headnodic beat is undeniable. The artist’s own official visuals round out the package. Shotz’s Danel Exodus project currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
The former frontman for The Dean's List, Sonny Shotz has released his latest collection of solo material, the Danel Exodus: Truths of Creation mixtape. The project finds the Boston representative exploring his "Muslim...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)