From Ted Haggard to Eddie Long, the most prominent religious critics of homosexuality have frequently been revealed to be in the closet, after being caught in compromising situations. According to some, these are only recent examples of a tradition stretching way back to the founding of the Christian church. On a new single, Boston rhymesayer Sonny Shotz (formerly of The Dean’s List) shares his controversial hypothesis that the Apostle Paul Was Gay. As evidence, he cites 1 Corinthians 7:1, in which Paul (who elsewhere condemns homosexuality) states, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman.” Whether or not you find his argument convincing—I’m not sold, to be honest—the lyrical dexterity he showcases over Teddy Roxpin‘s headnodic beat is undeniable. The artist’s own official visuals round out the package. Shotz’s Danel Exodus project currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picky Nikki" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.