You’d think that in an art form based on the spoken word rappers would pay more attention to the words coming out of their mouths, but you’d be very wrong. Thankfully Son-Ray is here to to correct the problem on new single What You Saying, a distinctly east coast cut fueled by a head-nodding beat from Philly producer YFame. On the mic the Bedstuy native has nothing but harsh words for his competition, promising that he won’t stop until hip-hop is truly saying something substantial again. To hear much more of what Son-Ray has to say pick up a digital copy of his forthcoming Face Value EP, set for release July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.