You’d think that in an art form based on the spoken word rappers would pay more attention to the words coming out of their mouths, but you’d be very wrong. Thankfully Son-Ray is here to to correct the problem on new single What You Saying, a distinctly east coast cut fueled by a head-nodding beat from Philly producer YFame. On the mic the Bedstuy native has nothing but harsh words for his competition, promising that he won’t stop until hip-hop is truly saying something substantial again. To hear much more of what Son-Ray has to say pick up a digital copy of his forthcoming Face Value EP, set for release July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.