You’d think that in an art form based on the spoken word rappers would pay more attention to the words coming out of their mouths, but you’d be very wrong. Thankfully Son-Ray is here to to correct the problem on new single What You Saying, a distinctly east coast cut fueled by a head-nodding beat from Philly producer YFame. On the mic the Bedstuy native has nothing but harsh words for his competition, promising that he won’t stop until hip-hop is truly saying something substantial again. To hear much more of what Son-Ray has to say pick up a digital copy of his forthcoming Face Value EP, set for release July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.