You’d think that in an art form based on the spoken word rappers would pay more attention to the words coming out of their mouths, but you’d be very wrong. Thankfully Son-Ray is here to to correct the problem on new single What You Saying, a distinctly east coast cut fueled by a head-nodding beat from Philly producer YFame. On the mic the Bedstuy native has nothing but harsh words for his competition, promising that he won’t stop until hip-hop is truly saying something substantial again. To hear much more of what Son-Ray has to say pick up a digital copy of his forthcoming Face Value EP, set for release July 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.