You’d think that in an art form based on the spoken word rappers would pay more attention to the words coming out of their mouths, but you’d be very wrong. Thankfully Son-Ray is here to to correct the problem on new single What You Saying, a distinctly east coast cut fueled by a head-nodding beat from Philly producer YFame. On the mic the Bedstuy native has nothing but harsh words for his competition, promising that he won’t stop until hip-hop is truly saying something substantial again. To hear much more of what Son-Ray has to say pick up a digital copy of his forthcoming Face Value EP, set for release July 31.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.