When I Googled SoMo to get familiar with the Republic Records R&B singer, the first thing I learned was that he just posted bail this morning for a marijuana possession charge. Talk about some sh**ty luck. But let’s focus on the positive, shall we? Today, the Texan crooner makes his first appearance in The DJBooth with the official remix of his current hit single, Ride. This rendition of the record features guest contributions from a pair of fellow rising stars: Interscope signee K Camp jumps on Mick Shultz‘s luminous piano/guitar arrangement to spit a suave closing 16, and Ty Dolla $ign showcases his ear-pleasing vocal harmonies on the middle verse. For the original version of Ride and much more, cop the artist’s self-titled debut set, released to record stores and online retailers in April.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.