When I Googled SoMo to get familiar with the Republic Records R&B singer, the first thing I learned was that he just posted bail this morning for a marijuana possession charge. Talk about some sh**ty luck. But let’s focus on the positive, shall we? Today, the Texan crooner makes his first appearance in The DJBooth with the official remix of his current hit single, Ride. This rendition of the record features guest contributions from a pair of fellow rising stars: Interscope signee K Camp jumps on Mick Shultz‘s luminous piano/guitar arrangement to spit a suave closing 16, and Ty Dolla $ign showcases his ear-pleasing vocal harmonies on the middle verse. For the original version of Ride and much more, cop the artist’s self-titled debut set, released to record stores and online retailers in April.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.