Entry #95 in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Solitair, the Toronto native who brought us reader-approved cuts Can’t Front, Dreams and Summertime. On his brand new, previously-unreleased It’s My Time freestyle, the Black Jays rapper flows over an original, self-produced beat. Solitair is currently preparing for the late-October release of new mixtape The Soloist, as well as the early-2010 arrival of studio album The Departure, featuring singles The Flyest (w/ Lil Wayne) and My Number (w/ Nina Sky). He has contributed several beats to The Kid Daytona‘s forthcoming, yet-untitled album, in addition to producing Akon-assisted single Teaser off Kardinal Offishall‘s Mr. International LP. Solitair has also been working closely with up-and-coming talents on both sides of the border.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.