Entry #95 in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Solitair, the Toronto native who brought us reader-approved cuts Can’t Front, Dreams and Summertime. On his brand new, previously-unreleased It’s My Time freestyle, the Black Jays rapper flows over an original, self-produced beat. Solitair is currently preparing for the late-October release of new mixtape The Soloist, as well as the early-2010 arrival of studio album The Departure, featuring singles The Flyest (w/ Lil Wayne) and My Number (w/ Nina Sky). He has contributed several beats to The Kid Daytona‘s forthcoming, yet-untitled album, in addition to producing Akon-assisted single Teaser off Kardinal Offishall‘s Mr. International LP. Solitair has also been working closely with up-and-coming talents on both sides of the border.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.