By now, just about all our school-aged readers are enjoying the beginning of that wonderfully lazy three-month vacation that separates one year of academic drudgery from the next—and, if you’re a fella, you’re likely going to be spending much of your Summertime rolling around your hometown, chasing after women. Though music is a full-time job for Solitair, he’s not about to pass up the chance at some warm-weather romance; on his latest single (making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net), the Black Jays member pays tribute to the season’s beautiful weather, chilled-out get-togethers, and (most importantly) tanned, half-dressed females. In addition to spitting laid-back verses over his own uniquely catchy portamento-synth boardwork, the emcee rises to the occasion with a sung opener and joins fellow T-Dot native Tenisha on the hook—now that’s versatility! Fans can hear more from Solitair on his new YYZ-T1 LP, which can be streamed in its entirety from the emcee’s official website.
Listen to More: Solitair
Written by richard on 06/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.