By now, just about all our school-aged readers are enjoying the beginning of that wonderfully lazy three-month vacation that separates one year of academic drudgery from the next—and, if you’re a fella, you’re likely going to be spending much of your Summertime rolling around your hometown, chasing after women. Though music is a full-time job for Solitair, he’s not about to pass up the chance at some warm-weather romance; on his latest single (making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net), the Black Jays member pays tribute to the season’s beautiful weather, chilled-out get-togethers, and (most importantly) tanned, half-dressed females. In addition to spitting laid-back verses over his own uniquely catchy portamento-synth boardwork, the emcee rises to the occasion with a sung opener and joins fellow T-Dot native Tenisha on the hook—now that’s versatility! Fans can hear more from Solitair on his new YYZ-T1 LP, which can be streamed in its entirety from the emcee’s official website.
Written by richard on 06/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.