By now, just about all our school-aged readers are enjoying the beginning of that wonderfully lazy three-month vacation that separates one year of academic drudgery from the next—and, if you’re a fella, you’re likely going to be spending much of your Summertime rolling around your hometown, chasing after women. Though music is a full-time job for Solitair, he’s not about to pass up the chance at some warm-weather romance; on his latest single (making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net), the Black Jays member pays tribute to the season’s beautiful weather, chilled-out get-togethers, and (most importantly) tanned, half-dressed females. In addition to spitting laid-back verses over his own uniquely catchy portamento-synth boardwork, the emcee rises to the occasion with a sung opener and joins fellow T-Dot native Tenisha on the hook—now that’s versatility! Fans can hear more from Solitair on his new YYZ-T1 LP, which can be streamed in its entirety from the emcee’s official website.
Written by richard on 06/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)