By now, just about all our school-aged readers are enjoying the beginning of that wonderfully lazy three-month vacation that separates one year of academic drudgery from the next—and, if you’re a fella, you’re likely going to be spending much of your Summertime rolling around your hometown, chasing after women. Though music is a full-time job for Solitair, he’s not about to pass up the chance at some warm-weather romance; on his latest single (making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net), the Black Jays member pays tribute to the season’s beautiful weather, chilled-out get-togethers, and (most importantly) tanned, half-dressed females. In addition to spitting laid-back verses over his own uniquely catchy portamento-synth boardwork, the emcee rises to the occasion with a sung opener and joins fellow T-Dot native Tenisha on the hook—now that’s versatility! Fans can hear more from Solitair on his new YYZ-T1 LP, which can be streamed in its entirety from the emcee’s official website.
Written by richard on 06/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.