As we learned on his Booth debut, T-Dot’s Solitair simply Can’t Front. If you’re not convinced of the Black Jays rapper’s total dedication to keeping it real, take a listen to this new cut (making its online premiere here in the Booth), on which he admits that, though his early exposure to legends like KRS-One and Gang Starr ignited a lifelong passion for hip-hop, a few more pragmatic desires factored into his musical Dreams—big money, smokin’ hot groupies, screaming fans, that kind of thing. Of course, the game isn’t always so glamorous as magazine covers make it out to be; over Solitair’s own rock-organ beat, he and fellow Toronto emcee Richie Sosa explain that, by the time you realize how easily those dreams you’ve been pursuing can turn to nightmares, they’re all you’ve got left. Complete with a hook by singer Melanie Durrant (also a T.O. Native) and a bombastic arena-rock guitar solo, this record should have no trouble taking root in listeners’ heads. If you like what you’re hearing, download a copy of newly-released mixtape Solitair YYZ-T1, the official prelude to studio album The Departure (due out June 1).
Listen to More: Solitair Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.