As we learned on his Booth debut, T-Dot’s Solitair simply Can’t Front. If you’re not convinced of the Black Jays rapper’s total dedication to keeping it real, take a listen to this new cut (making its online premiere here in the Booth), on which he admits that, though his early exposure to legends like KRS-One and Gang Starr ignited a lifelong passion for hip-hop, a few more pragmatic desires factored into his musical Dreams—big money, smokin’ hot groupies, screaming fans, that kind of thing. Of course, the game isn’t always so glamorous as magazine covers make it out to be; over Solitair’s own rock-organ beat, he and fellow Toronto emcee Richie Sosa explain that, by the time you realize how easily those dreams you’ve been pursuing can turn to nightmares, they’re all you’ve got left. Complete with a hook by singer Melanie Durrant (also a T.O. Native) and a bombastic arena-rock guitar solo, this record should have no trouble taking root in listeners’ heads. If you like what you’re hearing, download a copy of newly-released mixtape Solitair YYZ-T1, the official prelude to studio album The Departure (due out June 1).
Written by richard on 05/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.