As we learned on his Booth debut, T-Dot’s Solitair simply Can’t Front. If you’re not convinced of the Black Jays rapper’s total dedication to keeping it real, take a listen to this new cut (making its online premiere here in the Booth), on which he admits that, though his early exposure to legends like KRS-One and Gang Starr ignited a lifelong passion for hip-hop, a few more pragmatic desires factored into his musical Dreams—big money, smokin’ hot groupies, screaming fans, that kind of thing. Of course, the game isn’t always so glamorous as magazine covers make it out to be; over Solitair’s own rock-organ beat, he and fellow Toronto emcee Richie Sosa explain that, by the time you realize how easily those dreams you’ve been pursuing can turn to nightmares, they’re all you’ve got left. Complete with a hook by singer Melanie Durrant (also a T.O. Native) and a bombastic arena-rock guitar solo, this record should have no trouble taking root in listeners’ heads. If you like what you’re hearing, download a copy of newly-released mixtape Solitair YYZ-T1, the official prelude to studio album The Departure (due out June 1).
Listen to More: Solitair
Written by richard on 05/4/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)