Deciding which song to select as an official single is one of the most daunting and overwhelming decisions that an artist (or label) has to make.You want to lead with a record that shows what you are all about, but you also want to maintain a touch of mystery, often used to remind listeners to check out more of your works. Newcomer //Sole Grunt masters this formula on his DJBooth debut, Slifer. Over his own funky baseline and some splattered drumming that adds to the overall raw, grungy vibe, Grunt raises an eyebrow or two with his eclectic, oddly intriguing style. Despite the ever-changing production, the New Yorker spits bars effortlessly with a strangely personable appeal. You might not be sure what kind of emcee he is, but his cooler than the other side of the pillow approach will definitely leave you itching for more; so it’s mission accomplished for the rookie. You will, however, have to wait a minute to really get to know //Sole Grunt, as his Wasted Summer album is due out sometime this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"OG Bape & Supreme" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.