Introduced to The DJBooth via March’s Slifer, buzzmaking rapper/producer //Sole Grunt returns to our pages with the follow-up single off his forthcoming full-length. On OG Bape & Supreme, the NYC native departs from the raw and aggressive style of his first feature to deliver laid-back rhymes about “clothes and other bull sh*t like that.” Materialistic? You bet it is—but the artist’s engaging bars offer substance as well as swagger, and his mellow, sampled boardwork is sure to have heads nodding along. Complete with a guest 16 by Sentry, OG Bape is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Grunt’s Wasted Summer LP. Watch for the project to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.