Introduced to The DJBooth via March’s Slifer, buzzmaking rapper/producer //Sole Grunt returns to our pages with the follow-up single off his forthcoming full-length. On OG Bape & Supreme, the NYC native departs from the raw and aggressive style of his first feature to deliver laid-back rhymes about “clothes and other bull sh*t like that.” Materialistic? You bet it is—but the artist’s engaging bars offer substance as well as swagger, and his mellow, sampled boardwork is sure to have heads nodding along. Complete with a guest 16 by Sentry, OG Bape is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Grunt’s Wasted Summer LP. Watch for the project to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.