Introduced to The DJBooth via March’s Slifer, buzzmaking rapper/producer //Sole Grunt returns to our pages with the follow-up single off his forthcoming full-length. On OG Bape & Supreme, the NYC native departs from the raw and aggressive style of his first feature to deliver laid-back rhymes about “clothes and other bull sh*t like that.” Materialistic? You bet it is—but the artist’s engaging bars offer substance as well as swagger, and his mellow, sampled boardwork is sure to have heads nodding along. Complete with a guest 16 by Sentry, OG Bape is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Grunt’s Wasted Summer LP. Watch for the project to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)