Introduced to The DJBooth via March’s Slifer, buzzmaking rapper/producer //Sole Grunt returns to our pages with the follow-up single off his forthcoming full-length. On OG Bape & Supreme, the NYC native departs from the raw and aggressive style of his first feature to deliver laid-back rhymes about “clothes and other bull sh*t like that.” Materialistic? You bet it is—but the artist’s engaging bars offer substance as well as swagger, and his mellow, sampled boardwork is sure to have heads nodding along. Complete with a guest 16 by Sentry, OG Bape is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Grunt’s Wasted Summer LP. Watch for the project to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.