Introduced to The DJBooth via March’s Slifer, buzzmaking rapper/producer //Sole Grunt returns to our pages with the follow-up single off his forthcoming full-length. On OG Bape & Supreme, the NYC native departs from the raw and aggressive style of his first feature to deliver laid-back rhymes about “clothes and other bull sh*t like that.” Materialistic? You bet it is—but the artist’s engaging bars offer substance as well as swagger, and his mellow, sampled boardwork is sure to have heads nodding along. Complete with a guest 16 by Sentry, OG Bape is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Grunt’s Wasted Summer LP. Watch for the project to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.