Solange Knowles is a very different artist from her sister, but one thing the siblings do share is a taste for bad boys. As she puts it on her latest promo single, she likes a guy who Looks Good with Trouble—and it seems she’s found one in Kendrick Lamar. When this joint first dropped as part of the 2012 True EP, Knowles carried the ethereal, Dev Hynes-produced number on her lonesome. Newly-added for its release as a promo single, the Compton rhymesayer closes the record with some melancholy reflections on the troubled life he’s led. While this rendition of Trouble is unattached to any larger project, you can, of course, cop the original as part of the aforementioned EP. Outside of that, you’ll simply have to keep it locked to the Booth for updates on Solange’s plans.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Decided" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.