Solange Knowles is a very different artist from her sister, but one thing the siblings do share is a taste for bad boys. As she puts it on her latest promo single, she likes a guy who Looks Good with Trouble—and it seems she’s found one in Kendrick Lamar. When this joint first dropped as part of the 2012 True EP, Knowles carried the ethereal, Dev Hynes-produced number on her lonesome. Newly-added for its release as a promo single, the Compton rhymesayer closes the record with some melancholy reflections on the troubled life he’s led. While this rendition of Trouble is unattached to any larger project, you can, of course, cop the original as part of the aforementioned EP. Outside of that, you’ll simply have to keep it locked to the Booth for updates on Solange’s plans.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Decided" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.