Solange Knowles is a very different artist from her sister, but one thing the siblings do share is a taste for bad boys. As she puts it on her latest promo single, she likes a guy who Looks Good with Trouble—and it seems she’s found one in Kendrick Lamar. When this joint first dropped as part of the 2012 True EP, Knowles carried the ethereal, Dev Hynes-produced number on her lonesome. Newly-added for its release as a promo single, the Compton rhymesayer closes the record with some melancholy reflections on the troubled life he’s led. While this rendition of Trouble is unattached to any larger project, you can, of course, cop the original as part of the aforementioned EP. Outside of that, you’ll simply have to keep it locked to the Booth for updates on Solange’s plans.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Decided" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.