After teasing us with a new song here and there after her fantastic but criminally underrated debut Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams, Solange Knowles is blazing the unofficial comeback trail on a brand spankin’ new EP and its bubbly opening track, Losing You. Produced by longtime collaborator Dev Hynes (who handles production on the entire EP), Losing You invokes a very specific nostalgia. Remember happy music? When was the last time you heard a song that made you smile from ear-to-ear and feel like the sun was shining just for you? If the answer to our question is eluding you, then Losing You just might be the reminder you didn’t realize you needed. Be sure to support Solange’s True EP, which was released this week, November 27, and is available now on iTunes.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Decided" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.