Trying to make a name for herself by stepping outside of big sister Beyonce‘s shadow, Solange Knowles has moved from Columbia to Geffen and will launch her sophomore album, the concept-oriented Soul Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams, later this year. The first single, I’ve Decided, has a distinct Broadway atmosphere and combines Solange’s vocals with a piano-tap beat courtesy of the Neptunes (who’ve worked plenty with her big sis’ boyfriend). While the 21-year-old has a long way to go before she can even dream of filling her sister’s shoes, they’ll be ready and waiting when she starts stepping.
Written by Burmy on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sandcastle Disco" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.