Trying to make a name for herself by stepping outside of big sister Beyonce‘s shadow, Solange Knowles has moved from Columbia to Geffen and will launch her sophomore album, the concept-oriented Soul Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams, later this year. The first single, I’ve Decided, has a distinct Broadway atmosphere and combines Solange’s vocals with a piano-tap beat courtesy of the Neptunes (who’ve worked plenty with her big sis’ boyfriend). While the 21-year-old has a long way to go before she can even dream of filling her sister’s shoes, they’ll be ready and waiting when she starts stepping.
Listen to More: Solange Knowles
Written by Burmy on 03/19/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sandcastle Disco" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)