Trying to make a name for herself by stepping outside of big sister Beyonce‘s shadow, Solange Knowles has moved from Columbia to Geffen and will launch her sophomore album, the concept-oriented Soul Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams, later this year. The first single, I’ve Decided, has a distinct Broadway atmosphere and combines Solange’s vocals with a piano-tap beat courtesy of the Neptunes (who’ve worked plenty with her big sis’ boyfriend). While the 21-year-old has a long way to go before she can even dream of filling her sister’s shoes, they’ll be ready and waiting when she starts stepping.
Listen to More: Solange Knowles
Written by Burmy on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sandcastle Disco" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.