Trying to make a name for herself by stepping outside of big sister Beyonce‘s shadow, Solange Knowles has moved from Columbia to Geffen and will launch her sophomore album, the concept-oriented Soul Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams, later this year. The first single, I’ve Decided, has a distinct Broadway atmosphere and combines Solange’s vocals with a piano-tap beat courtesy of the Neptunes (who’ve worked plenty with her big sis’ boyfriend). While the 21-year-old has a long way to go before she can even dream of filling her sister’s shoes, they’ll be ready and waiting when she starts stepping.
Written by Burmy on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sandcastle Disco" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.