Just like her brother-in-law, Jay-Z, singer Solange Knowles speaks her mind (see her FOX News interview from last week). Last month, while upset at an apparent lack of acceptance from the majority of the music business (her thoughts, not ours), Knowles released a record entitled F*ck The Industry. Singing over Kanye West’s Everything I Am instrumental, the Houstonian explained the differences between the industry’s high-profile females, such as her older sister Beyonce, and herself. A little over a month later, the singer’s opinionated freestyle has resurfaced, but this time around it includes new production from DJ Green Lantern and a guest spot from Interscope labelmate Wale. Ironically, the 22-year-old released her sophomore album, Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams, last week, selling a paltry 46,000 copies according to Billboard. We somehow doubt her opinion has changed.
Written by DJ Z on 09/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Decided" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.