Just like her brother-in-law, Jay-Z, singer Solange Knowles speaks her mind (see her FOX News interview from last week). Last month, while upset at an apparent lack of acceptance from the majority of the music business (her thoughts, not ours), Knowles released a record entitled F*ck The Industry. Singing over Kanye West’s Everything I Am instrumental, the Houstonian explained the differences between the industry’s high-profile females, such as her older sister Beyonce, and herself. A little over a month later, the singer’s opinionated freestyle has resurfaced, but this time around it includes new production from DJ Green Lantern and a guest spot from Interscope labelmate Wale. Ironically, the 22-year-old released her sophomore album, Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams, last week, selling a paltry 46,000 copies according to Billboard. We somehow doubt her opinion has changed.
Written by DJ Z on 09/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Decided" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)