Just like her brother-in-law, Jay-Z, singer Solange Knowles speaks her mind (see her FOX News interview from last week). Last month, while upset at an apparent lack of acceptance from the majority of the music business (her thoughts, not ours), Knowles released a record entitled F*ck The Industry. Singing over Kanye West’s Everything I Am instrumental, the Houstonian explained the differences between the industry’s high-profile females, such as her older sister Beyonce, and herself. A little over a month later, the singer’s opinionated freestyle has resurfaced, but this time around it includes new production from DJ Green Lantern and a guest spot from Interscope labelmate Wale. Ironically, the 22-year-old released her sophomore album, Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams, last week, selling a paltry 46,000 copies according to Billboard. We somehow doubt her opinion has changed.
Written by DJ Z on 09/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Decided" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.