It’s a little early for me to be listening to music at floorboard-rattling volume, but those without sleeping neighbors should make sure their speakers are operating at full capacity before hitting play. The title of Sol‘s new single, Turn Me Loud, leaves no doubt as to how the record is best enjoyed. Nima Skeemz takes a surprisingly understated approach behind the boards—a stark, stuttering synth riff dominates the cut’s first minute, and the beat doesn’t truly drop till the halfway point—but the Washington emcee’s tenacious commentary on the hustle should keep listeners captivated as the tension gradually ramps up. Ryan Hills directs the simple, yet arresting official visuals. If you like what you’re hearing, don’t miss the rest of the quality material on Sol’s Eyes Wide Open EP, out now on iTunes and freely streamable in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)