Whoever said that a dog is man’s best friend was clearly not sexually active, or didn’t know Sol. Two parts humor, one part PSA, and one part advertising, the Seattle emcee’s latest song release, Trojan, explains why you would be a fool not to use a condom with a new girl and how being sexually responsible helped lead to a girl falling in love with him. The Jack The Ripper-produced record was performed once in 2011, at KEXP, but due to overwhelming and popular demand, he recorded it at Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ studio to give to his fans. Despite not making the final cut on his Yours Truly EP, listening to this song would undoubtedly have made for better homework in high school Health class than filling out those awkward worksheets.
Written by Bryan H on 05/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.