Whoever said that a dog is man’s best friend was clearly not sexually active, or didn’t know Sol. Two parts humor, one part PSA, and one part advertising, the Seattle emcee’s latest song release, Trojan, explains why you would be a fool not to use a condom with a new girl and how being sexually responsible helped lead to a girl falling in love with him. The Jack The Ripper-produced record was performed once in 2011, at KEXP, but due to overwhelming and popular demand, he recorded it at Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ studio to give to his fans. Despite not making the final cut on his Yours Truly EP, listening to this song would undoubtedly have made for better homework in high school Health class than filling out those awkward worksheets.
Written by Bryan H on 05/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.