Whoever said that a dog is man’s best friend was clearly not sexually active, or didn’t know Sol. Two parts humor, one part PSA, and one part advertising, the Seattle emcee’s latest song release, Trojan, explains why you would be a fool not to use a condom with a new girl and how being sexually responsible helped lead to a girl falling in love with him. The Jack The Ripper-produced record was performed once in 2011, at KEXP, but due to overwhelming and popular demand, he recorded it at Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ studio to give to his fans. Despite not making the final cut on his Yours Truly EP, listening to this song would undoubtedly have made for better homework in high school Health class than filling out those awkward worksheets.
Written by Bryan H on 05/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.