Whoever said that a dog is man’s best friend was clearly not sexually active, or didn’t know Sol. Two parts humor, one part PSA, and one part advertising, the Seattle emcee’s latest song release, Trojan, explains why you would be a fool not to use a condom with a new girl and how being sexually responsible helped lead to a girl falling in love with him. The Jack The Ripper-produced record was performed once in 2011, at KEXP, but due to overwhelming and popular demand, he recorded it at Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ studio to give to his fans. Despite not making the final cut on his Yours Truly EP, listening to this song would undoubtedly have made for better homework in high school Health class than filling out those awkward worksheets.
Written by Bryan H on 05/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.