To quote the great philosopher Andy Warhol, “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” Or, as This Sh*t emcee Sol puts it on his second Booth feature, “We all know that nothing is forever babe, but if you stay where you are, [The] Times will never change.” The latest single off the Washington native’s forthcoming EP, this contemplative cut finds Sol reflecting upon the march of history. Budo takes a characteristically eclectic approach behind the boards, layering distorted guitar riffs over syncopated percussion as the headliner reminds his peers that passivity in the face of change will quickly send them the way of the dinosaur (“Get off your corner with your mixtapes, and get off MySpace.”), and Rhymesayers representative Grieves brings the record home with a lyrical meditation on the transition from LPs, to vinyl, to MP3s. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this insightful cut came from on Dear Friends, Vol III, scheduled to drop next Monday, July 25.
Written by richard on 07/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.