Though 2012 is still so young that, if it were a baby, it’d still be rocking that little umbilical cord stump, Sol‘s not letting a second go to waste. On the contrary, the underground rhymesayer’s jumping right into the new year with the release of Stage Dive, single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. On this laid-back banger, Nima Skeemz’ head-nodding percussion and blissfully mellow bell riffs set the mood as the Washington representative delineates his carpe diem life philosophy. Waxing poetic about hip-hop’s power to transcend cultural, geographical and linguistic boundaries, he spits: “The language of my world speaks in beats and rhymes, and life is defined by the people in my tribe / We international wide, all you have to do is vibe and the music will speak to you inside.” How about it, Booth readers: has Stage Dive left you amped for another 365 days of dope tunes from Sol? Then you’ll want to mark your yet-unbought 2012 calendars for the January 20, arrival of the emcee’s latest album, Yours Truly.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!