Though 2012 is still so young that, if it were a baby, it’d still be rocking that little umbilical cord stump, Sol‘s not letting a second go to waste. On the contrary, the underground rhymesayer’s jumping right into the new year with the release of Stage Dive, single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. On this laid-back banger, Nima Skeemz’ head-nodding percussion and blissfully mellow bell riffs set the mood as the Washington representative delineates his carpe diem life philosophy. Waxing poetic about hip-hop’s power to transcend cultural, geographical and linguistic boundaries, he spits: “The language of my world speaks in beats and rhymes, and life is defined by the people in my tribe / We international wide, all you have to do is vibe and the music will speak to you inside.” How about it, Booth readers: has Stage Dive left you amped for another 365 days of dope tunes from Sol? Then you’ll want to mark your yet-unbought 2012 calendars for the January 20, arrival of the emcee’s latest album, Yours Truly.
Written by richard on 01/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.