Though 2012 is still so young that, if it were a baby, it’d still be rocking that little umbilical cord stump, Sol‘s not letting a second go to waste. On the contrary, the underground rhymesayer’s jumping right into the new year with the release of Stage Dive, single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. On this laid-back banger, Nima Skeemz’ head-nodding percussion and blissfully mellow bell riffs set the mood as the Washington representative delineates his carpe diem life philosophy. Waxing poetic about hip-hop’s power to transcend cultural, geographical and linguistic boundaries, he spits: “The language of my world speaks in beats and rhymes, and life is defined by the people in my tribe / We international wide, all you have to do is vibe and the music will speak to you inside.” How about it, Booth readers: has Stage Dive left you amped for another 365 days of dope tunes from Sol? Then you’ll want to mark your yet-unbought 2012 calendars for the January 20, arrival of the emcee’s latest album, Yours Truly.
Written by richard on 01/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.