Though 2012 is still so young that, if it were a baby, it’d still be rocking that little umbilical cord stump, Sol‘s not letting a second go to waste. On the contrary, the underground rhymesayer’s jumping right into the new year with the release of Stage Dive, single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. On this laid-back banger, Nima Skeemz’ head-nodding percussion and blissfully mellow bell riffs set the mood as the Washington representative delineates his carpe diem life philosophy. Waxing poetic about hip-hop’s power to transcend cultural, geographical and linguistic boundaries, he spits: “The language of my world speaks in beats and rhymes, and life is defined by the people in my tribe / We international wide, all you have to do is vibe and the music will speak to you inside.” How about it, Booth readers: has Stage Dive left you amped for another 365 days of dope tunes from Sol? Then you’ll want to mark your yet-unbought 2012 calendars for the January 20, arrival of the emcee’s latest album, Yours Truly.
Written by richard on 01/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.