Being a woman has to be tough. Marketing and advertising firms are working around the clock to make women feel uncomfortable in their own skin and boost sales for their big name clients. Women are assailed by other women, as well as men, regarding their personal looks and fashion style. Seattle’s Sol has had enough of the makeup and the façade, however, and delivers a message of love and appreciation for the natural beauty woman possess on his new song Need Your Love. Joined by Ray Dalton on the chorus and produced by Portland’s Jacks Green and Eskimo & Sons, Love is a symphonic pop song that captures the essence of other au natural appreciators like Arrested Development’s Speech. What Sol pens in Love is a universal, soulful, beautiful tribute to the spirit of true femininity and love and Dalton’s added boost during the chorus makes the song whole. Need Your Love is the latest video single to be released from Sol’s Yours Truly, released earlier this year.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.