Being a woman has to be tough. Marketing and advertising firms are working around the clock to make women feel uncomfortable in their own skin and boost sales for their big name clients. Women are assailed by other women, as well as men, regarding their personal looks and fashion style. Seattle’s Sol has had enough of the makeup and the façade, however, and delivers a message of love and appreciation for the natural beauty woman possess on his new song Need Your Love. Joined by Ray Dalton on the chorus and produced by Portland’s Jacks Green and Eskimo & Sons, Love is a symphonic pop song that captures the essence of other au natural appreciators like Arrested Development’s Speech. What Sol pens in Love is a universal, soulful, beautiful tribute to the spirit of true femininity and love and Dalton’s added boost during the chorus makes the song whole. Need Your Love is the latest video single to be released from Sol’s Yours Truly, released earlier this year.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.