Being a woman has to be tough. Marketing and advertising firms are working around the clock to make women feel uncomfortable in their own skin and boost sales for their big name clients. Women are assailed by other women, as well as men, regarding their personal looks and fashion style. Seattle’s Sol has had enough of the makeup and the façade, however, and delivers a message of love and appreciation for the natural beauty woman possess on his new song Need Your Love. Joined by Ray Dalton on the chorus and produced by Portland’s Jacks Green and Eskimo & Sons, Love is a symphonic pop song that captures the essence of other au natural appreciators like Arrested Development’s Speech. What Sol pens in Love is a universal, soulful, beautiful tribute to the spirit of true femininity and love and Dalton’s added boost during the chorus makes the song whole. Need Your Love is the latest video single to be released from Sol’s Yours Truly, released earlier this year.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.