Being a woman has to be tough. Marketing and advertising firms are working around the clock to make women feel uncomfortable in their own skin and boost sales for their big name clients. Women are assailed by other women, as well as men, regarding their personal looks and fashion style. Seattle’s Sol has had enough of the makeup and the façade, however, and delivers a message of love and appreciation for the natural beauty woman possess on his new song Need Your Love. Joined by Ray Dalton on the chorus and produced by Portland’s Jacks Green and Eskimo & Sons, Love is a symphonic pop song that captures the essence of other au natural appreciators like Arrested Development’s Speech. What Sol pens in Love is a universal, soulful, beautiful tribute to the spirit of true femininity and love and Dalton’s added boost during the chorus makes the song whole. Need Your Love is the latest video single to be released from Sol’s Yours Truly, released earlier this year.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)