Sometimes, the only way to escape the summer heat is to take a dip at the pool. By comparion, Sol’s latest effort is as refreshing as taking a Jump In to the deep end on the hottest day of the year. Setting the stage for this fresh, breezy selection is a dopely intricate beat from The Zillas (Elan Wright and Nima Skeemz). While the beat duo’s steel drum-esque production is vibrant from the start, it really hits its stride when the trumpets kick in. Although the beat contains plenty of funky quirks and changes that would leave most emcees in the dust or sounding dazed and confused, Sol spits his bars with ease, delivering his personable lines with a crisp, charismatic flow. Although Sol’s next project, the Eyes Open EP, is not scheduled to drop until September, I fully expect to see him back in The DJBooth very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.