Sometimes, the only way to escape the summer heat is to take a dip at the pool. By comparion, Sol’s latest effort is as refreshing as taking a Jump In to the deep end on the hottest day of the year. Setting the stage for this fresh, breezy selection is a dopely intricate beat from The Zillas (Elan Wright and Nima Skeemz). While the beat duo’s steel drum-esque production is vibrant from the start, it really hits its stride when the trumpets kick in. Although the beat contains plenty of funky quirks and changes that would leave most emcees in the dust or sounding dazed and confused, Sol spits his bars with ease, delivering his personable lines with a crisp, charismatic flow. Although Sol’s next project, the Eyes Open EP, is not scheduled to drop until September, I fully expect to see him back in The DJBooth very soon.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.