Sometimes, the only way to escape the summer heat is to take a dip at the pool. By comparion, Sol’s latest effort is as refreshing as taking a Jump In to the deep end on the hottest day of the year. Setting the stage for this fresh, breezy selection is a dopely intricate beat from The Zillas (Elan Wright and Nima Skeemz). While the beat duo’s steel drum-esque production is vibrant from the start, it really hits its stride when the trumpets kick in. Although the beat contains plenty of funky quirks and changes that would leave most emcees in the dust or sounding dazed and confused, Sol spits his bars with ease, delivering his personable lines with a crisp, charismatic flow. Although Sol’s next project, the Eyes Open EP, is not scheduled to drop until September, I fully expect to see him back in The DJBooth very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/13
Washington emcee Sol has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Eyes Open EP, which is available as a free stream in The DJBooth. The artist's first release since 2012 sophomore LP Yours Truly, the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.