Sometimes, the only way to escape the summer heat is to take a dip at the pool. By comparion, Sol’s latest effort is as refreshing as taking a Jump In to the deep end on the hottest day of the year. Setting the stage for this fresh, breezy selection is a dopely intricate beat from The Zillas (Elan Wright and Nima Skeemz). While the beat duo’s steel drum-esque production is vibrant from the start, it really hits its stride when the trumpets kick in. Although the beat contains plenty of funky quirks and changes that would leave most emcees in the dust or sounding dazed and confused, Sol spits his bars with ease, delivering his personable lines with a crisp, charismatic flow. Although Sol’s next project, the Eyes Open EP, is not scheduled to drop until September, I fully expect to see him back in The DJBooth very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.