Back in September of 2013, SOHN earned reader praise for his club-ready remix of Echelon (It’s My Way), the lead single off Angel Haze‘s studio debut. Now, the British recording artist and producer returns to give Boothgoers a taste of his original material in the form of freshly-minted video single Artifice. On this moody cut, the crooner vividly evokes the feeling of being an impostor in one’s own skin. Backed by his own addictive synth harmonies and syncopated rhythm section, he laments: “Somebody better let me know my name, before I give myself away. / Somebody better tell me how I feel, ‘cause I’m not at the wheel.” Thom Gunt directs the artful accompanying visuals. SOHN’s freshman set, Tremors, has yet to receive a solid drop date, but fans in Great Britain will be able to cop this record as a digital single starting Monday, April 7.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Veto (DomOfTheYear Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.