Back in September of 2013, SOHN earned reader praise for his club-ready remix of Echelon (It’s My Way), the lead single off Angel Haze‘s studio debut. Now, the British recording artist and producer returns to give Boothgoers a taste of his original material in the form of freshly-minted video single Artifice. On this moody cut, the crooner vividly evokes the feeling of being an impostor in one’s own skin. Backed by his own addictive synth harmonies and syncopated rhythm section, he laments: “Somebody better let me know my name, before I give myself away. / Somebody better tell me how I feel, ‘cause I’m not at the wheel.” Thom Gunt directs the artful accompanying visuals. SOHN’s freshman set, Tremors, has yet to receive a solid drop date, but fans in Great Britain will be able to cop this record as a digital single starting Monday, April 7.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Veto (DomOfTheYear Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.