Faden Away may have been listeners’ introduction to 7 Days of Funk, the newly-released joint album from Snoopzilla and Dam Funk, but the true genesis of their collaborative relationship was Hit Da Pavement. Liberated today as a single, this cut was the first they recorded together, and its slinky, minimal sound sets the tone for the project. Featuring a crisp percussion rhythm, laid-back synth-bass and reverberant keyboard flourishes, Dam-Funk’s atmospheric boardwork backs Snoop as he rocks the mic in characteristically nonchalant style. Henry DeMaio provides some fashionably retro visuals to accompany the cut. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on the duo’s freshman full-length, which dropped today Stones Throw.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.