Faden Away may have been listeners’ introduction to 7 Days of Funk, the newly-released joint album from Snoopzilla and Dam Funk, but the true genesis of their collaborative relationship was Hit Da Pavement. Liberated today as a single, this cut was the first they recorded together, and its slinky, minimal sound sets the tone for the project. Featuring a crisp percussion rhythm, laid-back synth-bass and reverberant keyboard flourishes, Dam-Funk’s atmospheric boardwork backs Snoop as he rocks the mic in characteristically nonchalant style. Henry DeMaio provides some fashionably retro visuals to accompany the cut. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on the duo’s freshman full-length, which dropped today Stones Throw.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Long Beach hip-hop veteran Snoop Dogg and Pasadena DJ/producer Dâm-Funk have dropped their debut collaborative full-length, 7 Days of Funk, via Stones Throw. Calvin Broadus's first release since April's Reincarnated (as...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.