Faden Away may have been listeners’ introduction to 7 Days of Funk, the newly-released joint album from Snoopzilla and Dam Funk, but the true genesis of their collaborative relationship was Hit Da Pavement. Liberated today as a single, this cut was the first they recorded together, and its slinky, minimal sound sets the tone for the project. Featuring a crisp percussion rhythm, laid-back synth-bass and reverberant keyboard flourishes, Dam-Funk’s atmospheric boardwork backs Snoop as he rocks the mic in characteristically nonchalant style. Henry DeMaio provides some fashionably retro visuals to accompany the cut. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on the duo’s freshman full-length, which dropped today Stones Throw.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.