Seeing Calvin Broadus revinvent himself as a spirit-channeling Rastafarian was pretty f**king weird at first, but debut album Reincarnated proved that Snoop Lion was more than a crazy gimmick. So try not to laugh too hard when you hit play on the debut video single from Snoopzilla, and see the gangsta-rap pioneer crooning seductively in a curly wig, aviators and a dookie rope. Faden Away, the first release off Snoop’s forthcoming album with Los Angeles producer Dam-Funk, feels like a throwback to 2009’s Sexual Eruption (which also boasted some hilariously kitschy, retro visuals), and I mean that as a compliment. Snoop’s Autotuned come-ons and his partner’s keytar-driven electro-funk grooves coalesce into an eminently catchy end product. Are you feeling Snoop’s newest persona? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts between now and December 10, when 7 Days of Funk is scheduled to drop via Stones Throw.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.