Though recent collaborations with Daz Dillinger & WC (Stay out the Way) and French Montana (F**k What Happen Tonight) have seen Calvin Broadus returning to his canine roots, the West Coast veteran’s “Snoop Lion” persona made a comeback last week, on D’BANJ‘s Blame It on the Money. Evidently, the spirit of Bob Marley stuck around for a while, as he and Snoop had time to collaborate on the official visuals for newly-selected single Torn Apart. A breezy duet with Kosovo-repping pop songstress Rita Ora, this Major Lazer, John Hill and Ariel Rechtshaid-produced cut tells the bittersweet story of a final meeting between two lovers. The official video, helmed by an unknown director, depicts them saying their last goodbyes amid the beautiful scenery of Thailand. (Yeah, that’s not where I was expecting, either.) Released in April, Reincarnated is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.