Though recent collaborations with Daz Dillinger & WC (Stay out the Way) and French Montana (F**k What Happen Tonight) have seen Calvin Broadus returning to his canine roots, the West Coast veteran’s “Snoop Lion” persona made a comeback last week, on D’BANJ‘s Blame It on the Money. Evidently, the spirit of Bob Marley stuck around for a while, as he and Snoop had time to collaborate on the official visuals for newly-selected single Torn Apart. A breezy duet with Kosovo-repping pop songstress Rita Ora, this Major Lazer, John Hill and Ariel Rechtshaid-produced cut tells the bittersweet story of a final meeting between two lovers. The official video, helmed by an unknown director, depicts them saying their last goodbyes amid the beautiful scenery of Thailand. (Yeah, that’s not where I was expecting, either.) Released in April, Reincarnated is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.