Though Calvin Broadus recently rolled out a brand new alter ego, Snoopzilla, he’s not quite ready to put Snoop Lion back on the shelf. Today, the West Coast phenom dons his rastacap to bring us one final video single off his debut reggae album. A cover of an ‘06 LP cut by Akon, Tired of Running sees Snoop criticizing the street life he once epitomized. Over slow-rolling boardwork by the Konvict Muzik head honcho and Leslie Brathwaite, Snoop laments the damage the dope game has done to his people (“I can’t believe I’m out here killin’ my community”), and concludes that, “This gangsta life ain’t no longer in me.” An unknown director’s official visuals, featuring cameos from Nipsey Hussle and Keke Palmer, round out the package. Fans can find this cut and much more on Reincarnated, available now in stores and online. On December 10, Snoop will release 7 Days of Funk, his album-length collaboration with San Francisco’s Dam-Funk, via Stones Throw.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.