Now I know why veteran OG Snoop Dogg changed his stage name to Snoop Lion: in order to promote his new single, Here Comes the King, a sequel to the Lion King Soundtrack banger, I Just Can’t Wait To Be King. Okay, so I’m kidding (unfortunately). It’s safe to say that this new Reggae/Dubstep blended jam, produced by Major Lazer, isn’t exactly Disney friendly. Over the unique and island-informed boardwork, Snoop deviates from his usual smooth-as-leather flow, contributing a unique vocal performance that matches the blunted vibe of the production. Accompanying the Lion is singer Angela Hunte, who lends her own vocal stylings to an already colorful track with an island-approved hook. Here Comes The King is the second single, following La La La, off of Snoop’s forthcoming RCA debut album, Reincarnated.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Snoop’s Andy Capper-directed Here Comes the King visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.