Now I know why veteran OG Snoop Dogg changed his stage name to Snoop Lion: in order to promote his new single, Here Comes the King, a sequel to the Lion King Soundtrack banger, I Just Can’t Wait To Be King. Okay, so I’m kidding (unfortunately). It’s safe to say that this new Reggae/Dubstep blended jam, produced by Major Lazer, isn’t exactly Disney friendly. Over the unique and island-informed boardwork, Snoop deviates from his usual smooth-as-leather flow, contributing a unique vocal performance that matches the blunted vibe of the production. Accompanying the Lion is singer Angela Hunte, who lends her own vocal stylings to an already colorful track with an island-approved hook. Here Comes The King is the second single, following La La La, off of Snoop’s forthcoming RCA debut album, Reincarnated.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Snoop’s Andy Capper-directed Here Comes the King visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.