Now I know why veteran OG Snoop Dogg changed his stage name to Snoop Lion: in order to promote his new single, Here Comes the King, a sequel to the Lion King Soundtrack banger, I Just Can’t Wait To Be King. Okay, so I’m kidding (unfortunately). It’s safe to say that this new Reggae/Dubstep blended jam, produced by Major Lazer, isn’t exactly Disney friendly. Over the unique and island-informed boardwork, Snoop deviates from his usual smooth-as-leather flow, contributing a unique vocal performance that matches the blunted vibe of the production. Accompanying the Lion is singer Angela Hunte, who lends her own vocal stylings to an already colorful track with an island-approved hook. Here Comes The King is the second single, following La La La, off of Snoop’s forthcoming RCA debut album, Reincarnated.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Snoop’s Andy Capper-directed Here Comes the King visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
How many veteran emcees with a background in West Coast gangsta rap would be taken seriously if they chose to release a reggae album 20 years into their career? The answer is one: Snoop Dogg Lion. The Long Beach native has...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.