Now I know why veteran OG Snoop Dogg changed his stage name to Snoop Lion: in order to promote his new single, Here Comes the King, a sequel to the Lion King Soundtrack banger, I Just Can’t Wait To Be King. Okay, so I’m kidding (unfortunately). It’s safe to say that this new Reggae/Dubstep blended jam, produced by Major Lazer, isn’t exactly Disney friendly. Over the unique and island-informed boardwork, Snoop deviates from his usual smooth-as-leather flow, contributing a unique vocal performance that matches the blunted vibe of the production. Accompanying the Lion is singer Angela Hunte, who lends her own vocal stylings to an already colorful track with an island-approved hook. Here Comes The King is the second single, following La La La, off of Snoop’s forthcoming RCA debut album, Reincarnated.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Snoop’s Andy Capper-directed Here Comes the King visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
How many veteran emcees with a background in West Coast gangsta rap would be taken seriously if they chose to release a reggae album 20 years into their career? The answer is one: Snoop Dogg Lion. The Long Beach native has...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.