Now I know why veteran OG Snoop Dogg changed his stage name to Snoop Lion: in order to promote his new single, Here Comes the King, a sequel to the Lion King Soundtrack banger, I Just Can’t Wait To Be King. Okay, so I’m kidding (unfortunately). It’s safe to say that this new Reggae/Dubstep blended jam, produced by Major Lazer, isn’t exactly Disney friendly. Over the unique and island-informed boardwork, Snoop deviates from his usual smooth-as-leather flow, contributing a unique vocal performance that matches the blunted vibe of the production. Accompanying the Lion is singer Angela Hunte, who lends her own vocal stylings to an already colorful track with an island-approved hook. Here Comes The King is the second single, following La La La, off of Snoop’s forthcoming RCA debut album, Reincarnated.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Snoop’s Andy Capper-directed Here Comes the King visual.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!