Snoop Lion‘s Grammy-nominated debut set is the gift that just keeps on giving. Though it dropped way back in April of 2013, it’s still spawning singles and videos at a downright alarming rate. The latest, Get Away, comes just days after the reader-approved Smoke the Weed. Whereas its precedessor was mellow and blunted, this joint has a more upbeat, body-moving vibe. Major Lazer, who handles production in conjunction with Ariel Rechtshaid, incorporates the chopped vocal hook from his own Pon de Floor into the pounding, four-on-the-floor instrumental. Over their dancefloor-scorching grooves, Snoop is joined by reggae vocalists Angela Hunte and Elan Atias. Director Ashten “Whoopi” Winger, and animator Mykola Dosenko collaborate on the cut’s creative, 80s video games-inspired visual accompaniment. For Get Away and much more, check out Snoop’s Reincarnated LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
How many veteran emcees with a background in West Coast gangsta rap would be taken seriously if they chose to release a reggae album 20 years into their career? The answer is one: Snoop Dogg Lion. The Long Beach native has...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.