Snoop Lion‘s Grammy-nominated debut set is the gift that just keeps on giving. Though it dropped way back in April of 2013, it’s still spawning singles and videos at a downright alarming rate. The latest, Get Away, comes just days after the reader-approved Smoke the Weed. Whereas its precedessor was mellow and blunted, this joint has a more upbeat, body-moving vibe. Major Lazer, who handles production in conjunction with Ariel Rechtshaid, incorporates the chopped vocal hook from his own Pon de Floor into the pounding, four-on-the-floor instrumental. Over their dancefloor-scorching grooves, Snoop is joined by reggae vocalists Angela Hunte and Elan Atias. Director Ashten “Whoopi” Winger, and animator Mykola Dosenko collaborate on the cut’s creative, 80s video games-inspired visual accompaniment. For Get Away and much more, check out Snoop’s Reincarnated LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.