Snoop Lion‘s Grammy-nominated debut set is the gift that just keeps on giving. Though it dropped way back in April of 2013, it’s still spawning singles and videos at a downright alarming rate. The latest, Get Away, comes just days after the reader-approved Smoke the Weed. Whereas its precedessor was mellow and blunted, this joint has a more upbeat, body-moving vibe. Major Lazer, who handles production in conjunction with Ariel Rechtshaid, incorporates the chopped vocal hook from his own Pon de Floor into the pounding, four-on-the-floor instrumental. Over their dancefloor-scorching grooves, Snoop is joined by reggae vocalists Angela Hunte and Elan Atias. Director Ashten “Whoopi” Winger, and animator Mykola Dosenko collaborate on the cut’s creative, 80s video games-inspired visual accompaniment. For Get Away and much more, check out Snoop’s Reincarnated LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.