It seems Snoop Dogg is jumping on the “exclusive releases on a certain day of the week” bandwagon with his new #puffpuffpasstuesdays - a bit long for a hashtag, but hey - and his first release is his ode to my hometown L.A. with, you guessed it, El Lay (get it?). Lyrically, the DoggFather drops knowledge on all the sights and sounds of beautiful Southern Cali, including riding down Sunset Blvd (’64 Chevy required) and everyone, from teachers to politicians rolling up that Kush. Consistent Snoop vocal collaborator Marty James sounds pretty good, almost reminiscent of John Legend, over this laid back, barbecue friendly production from Scoop DeVille. It’s perfect 2-Steppin’ music for all those 2011 All-Star Weekend parties that will be poppin’ in L.A. this February. While I’m sure this track will get major burn in SoCal, the rest of the country will have to wait until March for Snoop’s new full-length album, Doggumentary, to officially drop. Hometown bias aside, this track bangs; hopefully I’m not letting these Chronic clouds around me cloud my judgment.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 01/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.