It seems Snoop Dogg is jumping on the “exclusive releases on a certain day of the week” bandwagon with his new #puffpuffpasstuesdays - a bit long for a hashtag, but hey - and his first release is his ode to my hometown L.A. with, you guessed it, El Lay (get it?). Lyrically, the DoggFather drops knowledge on all the sights and sounds of beautiful Southern Cali, including riding down Sunset Blvd (’64 Chevy required) and everyone, from teachers to politicians rolling up that Kush. Consistent Snoop vocal collaborator Marty James sounds pretty good, almost reminiscent of John Legend, over this laid back, barbecue friendly production from Scoop DeVille. It’s perfect 2-Steppin’ music for all those 2011 All-Star Weekend parties that will be poppin’ in L.A. this February. While I’m sure this track will get major burn in SoCal, the rest of the country will have to wait until March for Snoop’s new full-length album, Doggumentary, to officially drop. Hometown bias aside, this track bangs; hopefully I’m not letting these Chronic clouds around me cloud my judgment.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.