It seems Snoop Dogg is jumping on the “exclusive releases on a certain day of the week” bandwagon with his new #puffpuffpasstuesdays - a bit long for a hashtag, but hey - and his first release is his ode to my hometown L.A. with, you guessed it, El Lay (get it?). Lyrically, the DoggFather drops knowledge on all the sights and sounds of beautiful Southern Cali, including riding down Sunset Blvd (’64 Chevy required) and everyone, from teachers to politicians rolling up that Kush. Consistent Snoop vocal collaborator Marty James sounds pretty good, almost reminiscent of John Legend, over this laid back, barbecue friendly production from Scoop DeVille. It’s perfect 2-Steppin’ music for all those 2011 All-Star Weekend parties that will be poppin’ in L.A. this February. While I’m sure this track will get major burn in SoCal, the rest of the country will have to wait until March for Snoop’s new full-length album, Doggumentary, to officially drop. Hometown bias aside, this track bangs; hopefully I’m not letting these Chronic clouds around me cloud my judgment.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.