Snoop Dogg raps, Wiz Khalifa raps. Snoop loves smoking chronic, Wiz loves smoking chronic. Snoop loves big booty models, Wiz is, well, dating Amber Rose. The similarities are eerie, so it’s no wonder that the west coast legend and the Pittsburgh star have teamed up for both a cinematic venture, Mac & Devin Go to High School, as well as the film’s official soundtrack. While some have credited Alchemist with crafting the beat to the duo’s latest release, OG, the man himself insists it wasn’t him. In that case, props to an as yet unidentified beatsmith for cooking up a hazy, horn laden beat that sets the stage for some appropriately sky high rhymes: “I was taught to count my paper before I fold it” from Wiz and “started off smoking nothing but Zags” from the Doggfather. And as if there wasn’t already enough weed smoke in the air, the duo puff puff pass the mic over to Curren$y for the closing verse. If that this OG goodness has you hungry for more music, and maybe even some special brownies, you won’t have to wait long. The Mac & Devin official soundtrack drops December 13.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.