As anyone who’s seen Soul Plane knows, Snoop Dogg has an irrepressible sense of humor, so when he declared that his new single Wet was created for recently engaged Prince William’s bachelor party, the announcement was more than a little tongue in cheek; or is that tongue in….nevermind. Whatever the reason for its making, Wet is here, and I’ve got a feeling it will be one of Snoop’s most controversial releases in a minute. About as far from a Dr. Dre beat as you can get, Wet meanders on a supremely minimalistic and oddly hypnotic beat from new school club heroes The Cataracts, a backdrop the Doggfather responds to with a quixotic, quasi-auto-tuned, half-sung, very hard to describe flow. The overall result is a record I’m willing to bet will inspire either instant love, or instant dislike. I just don’t know if it’s possible to be in the middle on this one. With Wet as one of the first offerings, I now have no idea what to expect from Snoop’s upcoming album Doggumentary Music (due out in March 2011), and maybe that’s exactly the way he likes it.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.