While most Hip-Hop weed heads are anticipating the release of Wiz Khalifa’s Rolling Papers, weed veteran Snoop Dogg has dropped an early summer gem that might be one of the smoothest songs of 2011. This Weed Iz Mine is a part of the OG emcee’s Puff Puff Pass Tuesdays series, and in my opinion it may be one of his best yet. Featuring Wiz himself, the two emcees rap about what they know best over a ridiculously laid-back and head-bobbin beat from Scoop Deville. The combination of Scoop and Snoop is almost perfect when it comes to that west coast flow and rhythm. Over some soothing synthesizers that pick up around the hook, Snoop creates a funky affair, reminiscence of that late 70’s-sounding bassline similar to Evelyn King’s I’m in Love. (Scoop if you read this, let me know if I’m right!) Accompanied by Wiz’ guest 16 and an uncredited female hook that gives the song a catchy chorus, many fans will enjoy this G-Funk influenced jam poolside this summer.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.