Rap royalty Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z join forces for the appropriately titled Kings G-Mix to Snoop’s latest single I Wanna Rock. The internets have been posting rumors of this collabo ever since Snoop’s album Malice in Wonderland was released and you can tell that Jay wanted to live up to the hype as he rides the original Scoop Deville beat perfectly with lines like, “It’s no Biggie, I’m the king now.” On a related note, whatever happened to switching up the beat for a remix? (Shrugs.) I don’t know, but I can see why the duo went in over the initial track; the eerie synth instrumental sounds like it could have come off Blueprint 3, and Jigga rips it accordingly. While the beat may be the same, the Doggfather blesses us with two fresh verses of that classic West Coast flow – what more could you ask for? If you’re digging this
g-mix then go cop Snoop’s More Malice, a deluxe edition to Malice in Wonderland, coming this March.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.