Rap royalty Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z join forces for the appropriately titled Kings G-Mix to Snoop’s latest single I Wanna Rock. The internets have been posting rumors of this collabo ever since Snoop’s album Malice in Wonderland was released and you can tell that Jay wanted to live up to the hype as he rides the original Scoop Deville beat perfectly with lines like, “It’s no Biggie, I’m the king now.” On a related note, whatever happened to switching up the beat for a remix? (Shrugs.) I don’t know, but I can see why the duo went in over the initial track; the eerie synth instrumental sounds like it could have come off Blueprint 3, and Jigga rips it accordingly. While the beat may be the same, the Doggfather blesses us with two fresh verses of that classic West Coast flow – what more could you ask for? If you’re digging this
g-mix then go cop Snoop’s More Malice, a deluxe edition to Malice in Wonderland, coming this March.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.