Rap royalty Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z join forces for the appropriately titled Kings G-Mix to Snoop’s latest single I Wanna Rock. The internets have been posting rumors of this collabo ever since Snoop’s album Malice in Wonderland was released and you can tell that Jay wanted to live up to the hype as he rides the original Scoop Deville beat perfectly with lines like, “It’s no Biggie, I’m the king now.” On a related note, whatever happened to switching up the beat for a remix? (Shrugs.) I don’t know, but I can see why the duo went in over the initial track; the eerie synth instrumental sounds like it could have come off Blueprint 3, and Jigga rips it accordingly. While the beat may be the same, the Doggfather blesses us with two fresh verses of that classic West Coast flow – what more could you ask for? If you’re digging this
g-mix then go cop Snoop’s More Malice, a deluxe edition to Malice in Wonderland, coming this March.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.