Rap royalty Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z join forces for the appropriately titled Kings G-Mix to Snoop’s latest single I Wanna Rock. The internets have been posting rumors of this collabo ever since Snoop’s album Malice in Wonderland was released and you can tell that Jay wanted to live up to the hype as he rides the original Scoop Deville beat perfectly with lines like, “It’s no Biggie, I’m the king now.” On a related note, whatever happened to switching up the beat for a remix? (Shrugs.) I don’t know, but I can see why the duo went in over the initial track; the eerie synth instrumental sounds like it could have come off Blueprint 3, and Jigga rips it accordingly. While the beat may be the same, the Doggfather blesses us with two fresh verses of that classic West Coast flow – what more could you ask for? If you’re digging this
g-mix then go cop Snoop’s More Malice, a deluxe edition to Malice in Wonderland, coming this March.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/13/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.