Snoop may have tied the knot over a decade ago, but judging from his new single, Those Gurlz, you would never have guessed it. He really puts one down for the ladies, breaking out in full-on sensual-seduction mode. It would appear that the former coke-pushing Comptonite has become a starry-eyed softy. Helping him out is the production team of Teddy Riley, DJ Quik and Scoop DeVille, who provide a relaxed, romantic beat that samples the Bee Gees’ Too Much Heaven. But don’t worry, misogynists; Snoop doesn’t go totally soft. He still stays in touch with his thug side, casually throwing in that he “still don’t love hoes and respect what they say.” C’mon Snoop, what would Mrs. Dogg have to say about that? Those Gurlz appears on the OG’s new album, Ego Trippin’.
Note: The streaming of “Those Gurlz” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.