In 1993, when Dr. Dre introduced the world to Long Beach rapper Calvin Broadus, known internationally as Snoop Doggy Dogg, few in the industry could have predicted that his work would still be both relevant and necessary in 2009. With a few notable exceptions, the West Coast has been devoid of the star power that Snoop and company brought to the game more than 15 years ago. Hoping to hold onto the popularity his name carries with it, the chronically-blazed emcee is on the verge of releasing his sixth album this decade, Malice in Wonderland. The project, which will be released independently via the artist’s own Doggystyle Records, has spawned Booth-featured cuts I Became A Snoop Dogg Millionaire and F*ck Yeaaah, neither of which garnered rave reviews from our readership. Hoping to knock out a home run on his third attempt, Snoop has hooked up with Virginia Beach producer Danja for eclectic street single That’s The Homie. Featuring a haunting chopped-and-screwed chorus, the record might not prevent Snoop from striking out, but it shouldn’t have any effect on the release of Malice in Wonderland this winter.
Written by DJ Z on 09/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.