In 1993, when Dr. Dre introduced the world to Long Beach rapper Calvin Broadus, known internationally as Snoop Doggy Dogg, few in the industry could have predicted that his work would still be both relevant and necessary in 2009. With a few notable exceptions, the West Coast has been devoid of the star power that Snoop and company brought to the game more than 15 years ago. Hoping to hold onto the popularity his name carries with it, the chronically-blazed emcee is on the verge of releasing his sixth album this decade, Malice in Wonderland. The project, which will be released independently via the artist’s own Doggystyle Records, has spawned Booth-featured cuts I Became A Snoop Dogg Millionaire and F*ck Yeaaah, neither of which garnered rave reviews from our readership. Hoping to knock out a home run on his third attempt, Snoop has hooked up with Virginia Beach producer Danja for eclectic street single That’s The Homie. Featuring a haunting chopped-and-screwed chorus, the record might not prevent Snoop from striking out, but it shouldn’t have any effect on the release of Malice in Wonderland this winter.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.