Time for the easiest pop quiz ever: what do Snoop Dogg and Kid CuDi have in common? The answer, of course, is that they both really enjoy their weed. On this cut off Snoop’s forthcoming Malice in Wonderland re-release, the West Coast veteran and the new-school space cadet join forces to celebrate their mutual love for That Tree. Over Diplo’‘s sparse, percussion-dominated instrumental (which shifts into a tuneful organ groove when CuDi’s sung hook rolls around), the collaborators showcase their very different, but equally blunted flows. Trees won’t disappoint marijuana aficionados looking for a cut to soundtrack their next smoking session, but is its appeal strong enough to ensure that More Malice achieves the big sales numbers that the original, the lowest-charting full-length of Snoop’s career, didn’t? We can only hope. Either way, those craving some fresh material from the Cali icon can find six more previously-unreleased tracks, plus a brand new mini-movie on the deluxe edition of his 10th studio album when it hits stores March 23.
Written by richard on 02/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)