Time for the easiest pop quiz ever: what do Snoop Dogg and Kid CuDi have in common? The answer, of course, is that they both really enjoy their weed. On this cut off Snoop’s forthcoming Malice in Wonderland re-release, the West Coast veteran and the new-school space cadet join forces to celebrate their mutual love for That Tree. Over Diplo’‘s sparse, percussion-dominated instrumental (which shifts into a tuneful organ groove when CuDi’s sung hook rolls around), the collaborators showcase their very different, but equally blunted flows. Trees won’t disappoint marijuana aficionados looking for a cut to soundtrack their next smoking session, but is its appeal strong enough to ensure that More Malice achieves the big sales numbers that the original, the lowest-charting full-length of Snoop’s career, didn’t? We can only hope. Either way, those craving some fresh material from the Cali icon can find six more previously-unreleased tracks, plus a brand new mini-movie on the deluxe edition of his 10th studio album when it hits stores March 23.
Written by richard on 02/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.